Since the last quiz I did went over so well, I decided to make a sequel, so here we go
So this is a horse knowledge quiz competition. Winner gets a smileyface a round of applauseand the privilege of putting "Horse Knowlege Competition Winner" on their signature (if they want) . The questions will start out easy and then get harder. If you don't know the answer to a question, you can either not fill it in or fill it in with something goofy. I will ask you PLEASE do not look up the answers on the internet. If you have a horsey book and you want to see if the answers are in there, that's great! But I want this to be educational as well as fun for everyone and if you look it up on the internet, the answer is less prone to stay in your memory. So anyways, have fun, and here's the questions!
1. What is the most common form of malnutrition in horses in the United States?
2. What is foal heat?
3. Name the two types of vision possessed by the horse.
4. What is bradycardia?
5. What are low, round, thick withers called?
6.What is the Greek word meaning "horse"?
7. What is a heavy, coarse full tail called?
8. What does a skin pliability test determine?
9. What tribe of Indians was responsible for the development of the Appaloosa?
10. In regards to training, what is a cue?
11. Secretariat won the triple crown in what year?
12. What is the largest joint in the horse's body?
13. What two factors influence the behavior of the performing horse?
14. All horses have how many cervical vertebrae?
15. What is another name for the running walk?
16. Which artery carries blood from the heart to the kidneys?
17. The International Society of Animal Genetics is a worldwide leader in what specific type of research?
18. What type of interference occurs at the trot when the hind foot strikes the sole of the front foot on the same side?
19. What is the teamster's term for signaling a turn to the right?
20. What is another name for synchronous diaphragmatic flutters?
21. How much water will a 1000 pound horse drink per day?
22. What is the main bone of the forearm?
23. Approximately how many horses were used in WWII?
24. What term describes the ingestion of feces?
25. Horses standing head-to-tail in the shade and mutually fighting flies for each-other are exhibiting what type of behavior?
26. What is the recommended time frame for soil testing pastures?
27. What is another name for round worm?
28. What is the poisonous chemical found in the secretion of the blister beetle?
29. What is the name given to hobbles used for pacing in harness racing?
30. What can result from a tear in the interosseus ligament?
31. At what age does a full mouth occur?
32. What is another name for the hip bone?
33. At how many beats per minute does the horse's heart rate begin to plateau?
34. What substance is considered to be the precursor that horses need to produce vitamin A?
35. What is the toxin contained in the caster oil plant?
36. How many chromosomes does a horse have?
37. What is pandiculation?
38. Dewormers containing what active ingredient should not be given to pregnant mares during the first trimester?
39. What anemia-causing substance is present in moldy sweet clover?
40. Penicillum, Aspergillus, and Fusarium are the 3 most common genera responsible for this type of poisoning.
41. What is another name for growth plates at the ends of long bones?
42. What are monozygotic twins?
43. Name the 3 salivary glands in the horse.
44. What is the medical term for roaring?
45. Which blood vessel is the most converged on in the migration route of strongyles?
46. What is the average weight of a draft horse shoe?
47. Describe an actual interval training workout for racehorses?
48. Name 3 characteristics of mesohippus.
49. Name the dietary percentages of protein, vitamins, minerals, and energy based on the daily ration of a healthy horse.
50. Name the 8 vitamins that belong to the B-complex vitamins.
The contest will close next weekend, 12/15/12
Have fun and good luck!