The rules are simple:
1. Stick to the guidelines for the classes/categories please.
2. No more than 5 photos per CATEGORY.
3. You can use photos of horses that are not yours. However, you must have taken the photo and know the horse or its owner.
4. Deadline for entry is June 10th and the results will be posted no later than June 12th.Horses Being Horses Category: In these classes there should be no rider.
- Napping or Lying Down
- “Fighting” with other horse
- Horses and Other Animals
Horses Under Saddle: Horses with riders. Enter according to class. There must be a rider, not just tack.
- English Pleasure or Hunter Under Saddle
- Western Pleasure
- Working Western
- Cutting and Reigning
- Barrels and Poles
- Arena Trail or Obstacle Courses (can be English or Western)
- Trail or Endurance Riding
- Hunter Over Fences-Jumps under 2’3”
- Hunter Over Fences-Jumps over 2’3”
- Jumpers: All jump heights. (Jump must be your typical Jumper jump, not Hunter jump)
- Eventing or Cross Country
- Bareback Riding
Horses of Color: Enter Horses for each color class below
- Palomino, Cremello, Buckskin, or Dun (also crosses like Dunskin)
- Tobiano, Sabiano, and Overo Paints (spelling sucks I know)
- White, Dapple Gray, and Flea Bitten Gray
- Bay, Dark Bay, and Blood Bay
- Black (must be a true black horse! No dark bays)
Breeds Of The World: Horses for each Breed Class Below
- Quarter Horses
- Any and All Draft Breeds (specify which breed)
- Any and All Pony Breeds (specify which breed)
- Any and All Warmblood Breeds (specify which breed)
- Any and All Gaited Breeds (specify which breed)
- Any and All Cross Breeds (specify which breeds are crossed)
Random Horses: Enter any picture that fits the category
- Head Shot
- Eye Shot
- Horses Doing Tricks or in Costumes
- Horses Eating
- Angry Horses or Horses Being Naughty
- Model Horses (can be Peter Stone, Breyer, Grand Champion, or any Resin Models, custom or not)
- Barn Cat or Dog
- Full Sized Horse with Mini rider (aged 6 and under)
- Best Horse Artwork (anything art related)
- Anything Goes (picture that doesn’t fit anywhere else. You must put what category you would describe it as, if there was one for it)
Bonus Classes: These classes are not photo classes but other classes and will not be judged.
- Name This Horse. The name must contain something to do with fire.
- What’s your favorite horse breed and why?
- What’s your favorite riding discipline and why?