Thread for A different horse show PICTURE entries.
Since the judges are almost in place I am opening up this thread for ENTRIES only.
Please put the Horse's name--class NAME and number with each photo.
The following is what was posted on the original thread.
Basic rules for entrants:
1) You must be the rider in all hunter, cross-country and gallop, jumper, equitation and dressage classes, whether over fences or undersaddle. No friends, no Olympians, no siblings. For models, the horse/pony must be one that you own, lease, or ride often. Show attire is not required, but baggy clothing may hinder a judge's ability to assess.
2) Please submitt your photo it must include your HF username, horse's name, class name and number. Please try to keep files from being excessively large or small.
3) Model classes to be judged with horse standing alone, sans tack, rider, blanket, or leg protection, and should be in profile. Over fences classes to be judged with horse being ridden over a fence of the appropriate height. Flat, pleasure, and dressage classes to be judged with horse being ridden at a trot or canter, or in dressage, executing an appropriate movement. Classes must have at least 2 entries to run but some classes may be combined (eg. 2'3" with the 3').
4) Only one photo of horse/rider combination is allowed per class.
5) Photos that do not abide by the basic or class rules will be not be judged and you will be advised with an opportunity to provide a subsitute picture.
6) Closing date will be May 31/09
How the horses will be judged:
Ideally, the judges will score each picture on a scale of 0-100, lowest being worst for the category, highest meaning best example, and give comments.
Here's the class list.
Hunters: Horse to be judged to the hunter standard, assessing conformation, athletic ability, presence and style.
8--2'3'' - 2'6''
9)2'9'' - 3'0''
10)3'3'' - 3'6''+
Jumpers: Both horse and rider judged on suitability and talent for the jumpers; meaning accuracy, athleticism and scope.
11)Up to 3'0''
12)3'3'' - 3'6''
Equitation: Style and effectiveness of rider to be judged on the flat and O/F.
14)Eq on the flat
15)2'3'' - 2'6''
16)2'9'' - 3'3''
18--No stirrups/bareback flat or O/F
Dressage- Horse to be judged on suitability for dressage. Rider to be judged on position and effectiveness.
19)Division A....lower level dressage with basic W/T/C
20)Division B...any horse rider showing something above the basic gaits.
21)Cross-Country- Horse and rider to be judged for suitability jumping an obstacle found on cross-country to include position and effectiveness of rider, scope, bravery and athleticism of horse over the fence.
22)Best Gallop- Horse judged at gallop undersaddle for power and reach, rider's galloping position judged as well.
23)Worst Eq O/F- Most unsafe, unstylish equitation possible.
24)Worst Eq Flat- Most unsafe, unstylish equitation possible. All disciplines welcome.
25)Worst Form O/F Horse- Must be horse owned/leased/ridden by HF member. Poorest, most unsafe form over a fence.
Special classes: The following classes can be English or Western and must be a photo of horse owned/ridden/leased by HF member and/or photo was taken by HF member.
26)Best Headshot- Judged on quality of horse and photo.
27)Cutest Picture- Judge's call man.
28--Best Tongue Shot- If there's tongue involved, it's in.
29)Best Candid- Photo should be taken in a "natural" setting, meaning rider is no necessarily aware of photo being taken.
30)Artistic Shot- Must be taken by HF member. To be judged on composition, difficulty of shot, effect of color, lighting and content.
31)Best Funny Ears- Must be a horse you know, and must not have caused harm to horse (though embarrassment is fine). Accessories are OK, but pic may not be entered in any other special class e.g. Cutest headshot.
32)Baddest Horse- Any sort of picture that displays how bad your horse is.
33)A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words- A picture that best tells a story with no words.
34)Biggest Crusty- Funny clothes, weird tack, poor eq, ugly horse, backyard all the way.
35)Best Fall/Refusal- Funniest or most dramatic fall off of a horse or refusal at a fence.
36)Old School Division- Photo must be at least 10 years or older, and include a HF member and their horse. The older the better. Do not confuse with Crusty please (though it can be a little crusty).
37)Fattest Horse- Self-explanatory.
38--Best "OH $@%^#*" Moment- Self-explanatory.
39)Most Mismatched Horse and Rider- The total opposite of suitability. Riders who are either much too big or too small for their mount.
40)Most *^$#&(($#$ off horse- Self-explanatory.
Last edited by Spyder; 05-03-2009 at 03:55 PM.