1. You must know the horse and its owner. Therefore random picture taken by you at a horse show ARE NOT allowed (unless of course itís a picture of your friend and their horse)
2. Edits ARE allowed as long as nothing is making the picture unclear and thus hard to judge.
3. Contest ends on May 10th at 12:00 NOON. Results will be posted no later than 48 hours after contest closes.
4. Judging will be done in one of two ways. And will depend on the size of the contest
A. By Places of First and Second for each class
B. Or by honorable mention (if I like your picture I put your name as a winner)
5. There are no photo limits per class/category as long as all your pictures fit in one Reply Post (I think the forum has a max of 15 pictures per post)
Best Dressed: In this category I want pictures of horses that are best tacked up for the classes below. For exampleÖif you entered the Hunter Best Dressed class, then the picture would have to be of a horse tacked up in English gear with nothing that goes against Hunter regulations (like boots or polo wraps on legs or running martingales etc.) Rider does NOT have to be present but if the rider is, then the rider must also be wearing clothes that fit the class.
1. Best Dressed Western Halter and/or ShowmanshipBest Body Parts and Markings: In this category I want to see pictures of horsesí body parts or markings. The picture must fit within each classes description.
2. Best Dressed English In Hand
3. Best Dressed Western Pleasure
4. Best Dressed English Pleasure or Hunter Under Saddle
5. Best Dressed Working Western (cutting, reining, ranch horse, etc.)
6. Best Dressed Hunter Over Fences
7. Best Dressed Show Jumper
8. Best Dressed Dressage
9. Best Dressed Eventer/Cross Country
10. Best Dressed for Cold Weather
11. Best Dressed for Trailering/Hauling
12. Best Dressed for Lunging/Ground Driving
Best View: In this category I want to see pictures of horsesí from different angels and views.
1. Best Eye Shot: Only the horsesí eye and immediately surrounding areas (like forelock and facial markings) is to be in the picture.
2. Best Head Shot In Action: The horsesí head up to the point of its shoulder is allowed in this class. I want to see a horse in motion.
3. Best Head Shot Still: Same as above, just not in motion.
4. Best Facial Marking: Nothing but the marking, preferably from the front.
5. Best Leg Marking(s): Can be a picture of just one leg or of all four legs.
6. Best Paint or Appaloosa Marking (s): Show off those painted horses.
Any questions feel free to ask me on here or in a PM.
1. From Under in Motion: Any picture that was taken from below the horsesí level while horse was in motion (get creative)
2. From Under Still: Same as above, but still.
3. From Above in Motion: Any picture taken from a point higher than the horse.
4. From Above Still: Same as above, but still.
5. From The Saddle In Motion: Any picture taken from the back of a horse.
6. From The Saddle Still: Same as above, but still.