Horse Forum Contests - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Forum Rules and Announcements

Horse Forum Contests

This is a discussion on Horse Forum Contests within the Horse Forum Rules and Announcements forums, part of the category

    Like Tree3Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-03-2011, 05:45 PM
      #31
    Banned
    Well, poop! I had a great flower picture, too!

    But thanks for the clarification and fix.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
      #32
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Administrator    
    Sorry for the inconvenience, bubba13. I hadn't processed May's contest yet, which is why the system wasn't accepting submissions for June's. You should now be able to go ahead and submit a photo. Please note that the "Sping - Horses and Flowers" theme was for May's contest, while June's is a general contest without a theme.

    Ok so there wasn't a may contest? And it says I have already put my entry in for June... I havent
         
        06-05-2011, 05:25 AM
      #33
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba13    
    Well, poop! I had a great flower picture, too!

    But thanks for the clarification and fix.
    You're welcome! You're still welcome to submit a flower picture for general contests like June's, it's just that they don't require flower pictures.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marlea Warlea    
    ok so there wasn't a may contest? And it says I have already put my entry in for June... I havent
    Sorry if I was not clear. There was a May contest, and a thumbnail of the winning photo appears on the right of the home page with a link to a larger version and pictures of other entries. What I tried to explain was that I had not yet processed the May contest at the time bubba13 inquired about it, which is why admissions were not yet being accepted for the June contest. Once I processed the May contest, members were able to enter the June contest.
         
        06-05-2011, 05:34 AM
      #34
    Started
    Ok mike thanks a bunch
         
        06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
      #35
    Foal
    My own contest is over. I'm supposed to contact a moderator to get it officially closed? How?
         
        06-22-2012, 09:38 PM
      #36
    Weanling
    I have a question about the themes for the monthly contests, can we have one for the next contest? I like having guidelines (helps me cut down on the possible pictures to enter ) Next one will be August right? Perhaps a horse show theme or ??? Any theme at all.
         
        06-27-2012, 12:55 AM
      #37
    Super Moderator
    The next "official" Horse Forum contest will be July's if my calendar is right. We can certainly have a theme for it. I wonder if a horse show theme might exclude many members because not everyone shows their horses, though? Can anyone think of a fun theme for next month's contest that the majority of members would be able to participate in?
         
        06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
      #38
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Administrator    
    The next "official" Horse Forum contest will be July's if my calendar is right. We can certainly have a theme for it. I wonder if a horse show theme might exclude many members because not everyone shows their horses, though? Can anyone think of a fun theme for next month's contest that the majority of members would be able to participate in?
    What about a combined theme such as Showing/Grooming/Tacked up? That could include everyone I think..
         
        07-01-2012, 07:20 AM
      #39
    Super Moderator
    Unfortunately I didn't see your suggestion in time to consider it for July's contest, Druydess. I went ahead and set July's contest theme to Horses and Water, since it's been so hot out recently! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions.
    MsBHavin and Horses4Healing like this.
         
        07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
      #40
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Administrator    
    Unfortunately I didn't see your suggestion in time to consider it for July's contest, Druydess. I went ahead and set July's contest theme to Horses and Water, since it's been so hot out recently! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions.
    I just noticed this thread, so no worries.. perhaps another time..
    The water theme with this heat is definitely appropriate!
    Lynxlover likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    This forum is for horse articles written by Horse Forum members. Mike_Admin Horse Articles 0 10-17-2008 04:34 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0