30 grooming tips - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

30 grooming tips

This is a discussion on 30 grooming tips within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Effects of feeding pumpkin to horses coats
  • Haflinger grooming

Like Tree11Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-07-2012, 11:26 PM
  #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayla101    
thats okay never mind. With the paprika thing do you think it could work on most horse coats?
Not sure :) It worked on my bay... probably a bit of googling would help you out a lot. I'm too lazy to do it tonight
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-07-2012, 11:30 PM
  #12
Green Broke
For the paprika, I'd use caution. Supposedly in some places it tests positive, so if you do show, I'd check with your local shows to make sure it won't test.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tianimalz, shaggy and Tayla101 like this.
     
    07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
  #13
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianimalz    
Not sure :) It worked on my bay... probably a bit of googling would help you out a lot. I'm too lazy to do it tonight
It's sort like feeding pumpkin to buckskins and Pallys I don't know if it works but I heard it really brings out their coat, I'll have to try it on my Pally mare.
     
    07-12-2012, 01:12 PM
  #14
Weanling
I've been using it on my light sorrel and white(palomino colored, but she's a Haflinger so is technically not palomino) and it has made such a difference. I'll have to get a current picture for this year and will post one from this year and one from the same time last year.
     
    07-12-2012, 01:23 PM
  #15
mls
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayella    
For the paprika, I'd use caution. Supposedly in some places it tests positive, so if you do show, I'd check with your local shows to make sure it won't test.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's actually not the paprika itself but the capcasin in the paprika that is banned, because it is a pain reliever and causes hypersensitivity (to touch and contact...not attitude).
     
    07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
  #16
Yearling
Supposed to work really well on a Palli to keep the sun fading to a minimum. I've never done it because I didn't know how much to use or if there would be a side effect.
     
    07-13-2012, 12:55 AM
  #17
Weanling
Before and After pics. I've been feeding Paprika and using sunscreen on her coat. She lives outside 24/7 and does NOT wear a sheet.

Before(taken last year No Paprika or sunscreen full pasture):


After(taken today feeding Paprika and using sunscreen, full pasture):
Tianimalz likes this.
     
    07-13-2012, 01:17 AM
  #18
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse295    
Before and After pics. I've been feeding Paprika and using sunscreen on her coat. She lives outside 24/7 and does NOT wear a sheet.

Before(taken last year No Paprika or sunscreen full pasture):


After(taken today feeding Paprika and using sunscreen, full pasture):
WOW, the difference in her coat is uncanny, nice looking horse by the way very cute!!
     
    07-13-2012, 01:29 AM
  #19
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayla101    
WOW, the difference in her coat is uncanny, nice looking horse by the way very cute!!

Thanks!
     
    07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
  #20
Weanling
Also with Paprika testing positive for Capsasian.

If I remember right there was enough in it to test positive but not enough to effect the horse. But if you are going to any shows were they might do drug tests(rated shows and races that I'm aware of) it isn't recommended that you use it.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grooming tips please :D Aine Horse Grooming 10 03-21-2012 06:40 AM
Tips Of Grooming fuadteagan Horse Grooming 6 01-25-2011 03:23 PM
100+ grooming tips ThatNinjaHorse Horse Grooming 16 10-17-2010 04:28 PM
Grooming Tips Seahorseys Horse Grooming 4 02-14-2010 10:46 PM
Grooming tips! fuzzy_pony Horse Grooming 36 02-17-2008 10:16 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0