Do you have a horse who has an embarrasing mane or tail?
Or have you just messed up their mane or tail?
Your not alone!
My horse Cody had all three of the problems listed above.
I had cut his mane and tail very short in Spring of 2010.
Over the summer his mane hadnt been growing very much so I decided in the fall to try a experiement to make his mane and tail grow long.
Now a year later since I cut his mane, he has the longest mane and tail since I have owned him in 2004.
So do you want to acheive the long mane and tail?
Here it is;
- If its warm where you live, wash your horse's Mane and tail. Make sure to use more than a handfull of conditioner on the tail and a handfull of conditioner on the mane. Make sure to rinse very well.
- Comb the mane and tail with a paddle brush. Make sure to brush the ends first and work your way up for both the mane and tail. This prevents the hairs from being damaged.
- After you have throughly combed the mane and tail its time to cut the dead ends off. Dead ends will not allow the mane or tail to grow.
- Wait for the mane and tail to dry then comb again. Now you will being to braid. For the Mane you need to began the braid from the mid length of each strand, make sure you braid loose braids because if you braid tightly you are only damaging the hairs. For the Tail braids first you need to find were the tailbone ends. Then you need to braid loosely from the end of the tailbone slowly increasing the tightness as you go down. After you are done braiding the tail put the braided part of the tail in a tail bag.
- Repeat braiding for the Mane every 3-5 days.
- Every 4-6 weeks you need to repeat steps 1-4.
- I recomend for the shampoo and conditioner you use Mane n' Tail because in studys it has been show to increase growth over time. The cheapest place to buy this at is the beauty product at walmart.
- For the Mane Braids I recomend you use small ruber bands. You can buy them at dollar general for a $1.
- Tail bags can be bought the cheapest online.
I hope everyone trys this because for me it actually worked.
If you have any questions ro concerns just post and Ill answer!