Allergic Reaction: Need Feedback
Just wondering if anyone has had a horse who took an allergic reaction to something. Here is the update on my horse and what I did.. still no improvements (He is a racehorse)
Broke out in hives, like huge bug bites. Took pictures and showed them to the vet and it was confirmed it was an allergic reaction. I treated him with Flucort ( Ant inflammatory) and Antihistamine/Prednisolone for allergies for about 5 days but still no improvement. The reaction took place at a farm where he normally doesnt stay, with new hay and feed. The reaction happened after being there for a week. I took him back home, where he normally stays and put him back on the same hay, bedding and feed he was always on since I bought him two years ago. Looked like it was starting to clear up after day 1 of being home, but then he broke out again the next day. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know.