Best Clippers You've Used - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

Best Clippers You've Used

This is a discussion on Best Clippers You've Used within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Does the double k clipper work well on sheep
  • Review double k clippers

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
  #11
Showing
I love, love, love my Wahl ShowPro clippers:

ShowPro Clippers - Horse Clippers from SmartPak Equine
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
  #12
Weanling
I love, love, LOVE my Double K Groomers Edge (model 401) clippers! Did I mention I LOVE THESE CLIPPERS! The handpiece does not get hot, they are not loud or do they vibrate excessively. I own minis (obviously) and pretty much every other week all summer and fall I am clipping 7 horses. I have never once had a problems with them but they are not cheap. They will cut through ANYTHING, even on setting 3 and 4! I have sheared sheep with them and they are not even close to being a sheep shear. I am thinking I paid $320.00 plus shipping to get them here. If you clip on low speeds they leave almost no clipper marks and if you really take your time none at all! I have clipped the night before a show (full body clip) and you could not tell. Mine have the 12 foot cable and are the portable version. They can be ordered in many lengths from 5 foot up to 20 I think. I also purchased a hoof polisher, it is awesome too.
This is their website
401 Equine/Large Animal Portable Clipper
Depending upon the website you go to they are ranging from $320 up to $700. Do not pay $700 for them! The $320 ones are the same ones. They start there but the prices does go up slightly if you want the longer cables.

This is about the cheapest I found doing a quick search for them.
http://www.groomerstore.com/clippers...Fcjc4AodU3hz5A
Sometimes you can find a reconditioned pair, Double K does all the work and they work just as great as new. If you see them somewhere priced reasonably do not think twice cause they will be gone.
     
    02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
  #13
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by equiniphile    
I love, love, love my Wahl ShowPro clippers:

ShowPro Clippers - Horse Clippers from SmartPak Equine
How long have you had them, and how have they held up?

Quote:
I love, love, LOVE my Double K Groomers Edge (model 401) clippers! Did I mention I LOVE THESE CLIPPERS! The handpiece does not get hot, they are not loud or do they vibrate excessively. I own minis (obviously) and pretty much every other week all summer and fall I am clipping 7 horses. I have never once had a problems with them but they are not cheap. They will cut through ANYTHING, even on setting 3 and 4! I have sheared sheep with them and they are not even close to being a sheep shear. I am thinking I paid $320.00 plus shipping to get them here. If you clip on low speeds they leave almost no clipper marks and if you really take your time none at all! I have clipped the night before a show (full body clip) and you could not tell. Mine have the 12 foot cable and are the portable version. They can be ordered in many lengths from 5 foot up to 20 I think. I also purchased a hoof polisher, it is awesome too.
This is their website
401 Equine/Large Animal Portable Clipper
Depending upon the website you go to they are ranging from $320 up to $700. Do not pay $700 for them! The $320 ones are the same ones. They start there but the prices does go up slightly if you want the longer cables.

This is about the cheapest I found doing a quick search for them.
http://www.groomerstore.com/clippers...Fcjc4AodU3hz5A
Sometimes you can find a reconditioned pair, Double K does all the work and they work just as great as new. If you see them somewhere priced reasonably do not think twice cause they will be gone.
*drools* Those sound ah-may-zing! But I think they're a little bit too fancy for what I need, but if I ever see a used pair or a really good sale I'm definitely going to be picking me up those fancy pants clippers!!
     
    02-15-2012, 07:13 PM
  #14
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister    
How long have you had them, and how have they held up?
I've had them since mid-December, so not terribly long, but they've held up very well. Read some of the reviews from SmartPak; others have had great success with them as well. The cord is pretty short, though, so I have to use an extension cord.
     
    02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
  #15
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by equiniphile    
I've had them since mid-December, so not terribly long, but they've held up very well. Read some of the reviews from SmartPak; others have had great success with them as well. The cord is pretty short, though, so I have to use an extension cord.
Okay, thank you! I'll have to start researching because that's a cheap price if they last!
     
    02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
  #16
Weanling
OOO, a good spot to check for reconditioned ones is the auction page at lilbeginnings. Here is the link to it. The Little Horse Barn - Come join in the FUN!
     
    02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
  #17
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by minihorse927    
OOO, a good spot to check for reconditioned ones is the auction page at lilbeginnings. Here is the link to it. The Little Horse Barn - Come join in the FUN!
WHAT IS THIS. How have I not heard of this site??? Oh god... So much money is going to be spent. DH will not be happy. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
  #18
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by minihorse927    
OOO, a good spot to check for reconditioned ones is the auction page at lilbeginnings. Here is the link to it. The Little Horse Barn - Come join in the FUN!
It's like Ebay, but better! So much better!!
     
    02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
  #19
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeDawn    
WHAT IS THIS. How have I not heard of this site??? Oh god... So much money is going to be spent. DH will not be happy. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
OMG! You haven't heard of lilbeginnings.com?!!?!?!?!?!? What has the world come to?! Your welcome!
     
    02-15-2012, 08:12 PM
  #20
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleng0728    
Andis Super G 2speed. Wonderful and they have already paid for themselves.
Second these! Love them and they are fairly priced. I have done everything from bridle paths, body clips, I've even body clipped (called shearing the cattle show world) two of my show steers with them!
Posted via Mobile Device
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clippers! reiningchic11 Horse Grooming 0 06-14-2011 12:39 PM
Dog Clippers? lilruffian Horse Grooming 7 03-23-2011 10:03 PM
clippers Gus Horse Training 2 11-17-2010 08:32 PM
Clippers pickletoes Horse Grooming 7 09-05-2010 08:07 AM
Clippers!!! RacePony007 Horse Grooming 3 07-14-2009 06:00 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0