Does Anyone Have Mane Bags?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

Does Anyone Have Mane Bags?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Have Mane Bags? within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Mane socks for horses
  • Mane sox

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-15-2009, 11:04 AM
  #1
Yearling
Does Anyone Have Mane Bags?

Toadstool Farm Mane Bags
I'm wondering if anyone would be able to measure the width and length for me.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-15-2009, 12:21 PM
  #2
Foal
Those are pretty expensive. But, they also interest me since I saw them in a Clinton Anderson catalog/website called Mane Sox. Much cheaper and they will do the same thing.

My horses' hair tends to intertwine after a rain so I would be interested in getting these myself.

But, at least check out CA's, they are only $27 I think.
     
    06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
  #3
Yearling
I'm crocheting my own =} I'm a big money saver. That's why I need measurements so I can be sure I'm making them big enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsegma    
Those are pretty expensive. But, they also interest me since I saw them in a Clinton Anderson catalog/website called Mane Sox. Much cheaper and they will do the same thing.

My horses' hair tends to intertwine after a rain so I would be interested in getting these myself.

But, at least check out CA's, they are only $27 I think.
     
    06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
  #4
Showing
That is such a weird idea! I had never heard or seen them and actually assumed it was a typo when I read the title. I would never use them.
     
    06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
  #5
Yearling
They don't look that great, but they're for protecting and growing their manes really long in conjunction with MTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Geldings    
That is such a weird idea! I had never heard or seen them and actually assumed it was a typo when I read the title. I would never use them.
     
    07-19-2009, 11:16 AM
  #6
Foal
I saw some on ebay a few days ago. They said that their mane bags were 7 inches wide and 11 inches long.
     
    07-19-2009, 03:11 PM
  #7
Yearling
Thumbs up

Awesome! Thank you so much. Luckily, that's the exact size I've been making them *phew!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorsegirl741    
I saw some on ebay a few days ago. They said that their mane bags were 7 inches wide and 11 inches long.
     
    07-19-2009, 03:26 PM
  #8
Started
I seen someone use vet wrap to, works good.
     
    07-19-2009, 04:09 PM
  #9
Weanling
Why not get a sleazy? It won't pull out the mane like those bags look like will do.

     
    07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
  #10
Weanling
I absolutly love sleezies, but i've never actually gotten one. I think that is going to be a christmas gift for my horse this year
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you trailer with or without Hay bags? free_sprtd Horse Health 10 05-25-2009 10:57 AM
saddle bags help? angelsgrace Horse Tack and Equipment 9 05-15-2009 06:26 PM
Saddle Bags?? free_sprtd Horse Tack and Equipment 9 03-31-2009 11:44 PM
Mare due soon. No bags. No milk. Ugh! JsJ204 Horse Breeding 23 03-28-2009 06:41 PM
plastic bags bk3331 Horse Training 16 03-05-2009 09:01 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0