1) Do horses really need to be fed 3x a day? Or would 2x a day be fine?
I feed twice a day currently, but she's given quite a bit, so she can 'browse' as she wants...also has pasture; not great pasture, though considering we live in the desert at present, but there's also browse there.
2) *ONLY ANSWER THIS QUESTION IF YOU CARE FOR YOUR HORSE AT YOUR HOME* Is it difficult to care for your horse and maintain good grades in school all at once?
Well, I'm not in school, but when I was, no, I didn't find it difficult to maintain my horses and grades; I think it's far more difficult to balance work, hubby, and all that other stuff that comes with 'after college' and married life!!! Hahaha
3) Does owning and caring for a horse help you stay in shape?
It certainly can...and atleast you actually 'have' to do something each day, cause it's not like your horse can muck his own stall and spread hay, give itself grain, etc!
4) Do you ever regret purchasing your horse? Was it a BIG change?
It IS a big change, because you have to learn to balance your horse life, and 'normal life'...I do think balancing school life, was much easier than 'after school' life. I do not ever regret owning horses, even when it gets hard to balance at times.
5) How often do you ride your horse(s)?
I try to ride 3-5 times a week, although with an impending move, I have only done ground work as time has allowed; my horse is a 'release' for me, so even when it's hectic I try to get out there and spend some time with her.
"The ideal horseman has the courage of a lion, the patience of a saint, and the hands of a woman..."