Here's what I always have in my grooming box...
- Curry comb (I always use this first to break up the dirt)
- Stiff Brush (to brush away the majority of the dirt)
- Soft Brush (for the face and to go over the horse again to add some extra shine)
- Hoof pick w/ brush (for picking hooves and the brush comes in handy to clean the wall of the hoof too)
- An old rag (to go over the horse with and to apply fly spray, show sheen, etc. to the face)
- Mane/Tail comb and brush (to brush out the mane and tail)
- Detangler (mane and tail is the best in my opinion)
- Treats are a must. I always have some with me and the horses know it.
I think that's about it. Right now I also have Showsheen, shampoo, conditioner, sponge, Corona (love this stuff), bucket, and fly spray in my locker that I use quite often but are not necesary.