Originally Posted by 1dog3cats17rodents
I have used Quicksilver on my dog's white spots a few times. I always rinse it off very, very well. Recently some told me horse shampoos are toxic to dogs. Is this true? If so, why?
I highly doubt it. If it were toxic to dogs, it would be toxic to us. You would have to wear a full suit just to bath
a lot of horse coat products can work for both humans and horses, I can't see why it would be an issue, tho remember that horse care products are made to help clean a horse's thick coat(mane and tail), not thin dog hair.
I think you would probably be better off using dog card products intended for dogs as it will give you the result you want, but you would be able to get away with horse care shampoos.