So you do western pleasure right?
*first up a really good bath .
* then I would clip him if possible - make sure it is done correctly( if you can't clip him make sure straight after you wash him you brush the hair in the direction you want it so it won't go curly and in the wrong direction when it dries)
*then trim his tail so it is just above the fetlocks
* cut his mane so it is about 3-4 inches short and band it as shown in the picture above.
* for his legs clip the hair under his fetlocks to tidy up his feet
* get ravens oil- be careful because it stains and put it on his black points http://www.louellastud.co.uk/clientf...rhoarwithy.jpg
* black makeup for his eyes and muzzle. Use a sponge to apply lightly. Then go over with baby oil or a clear gloss. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...headshot-1.jpg
* then I would paint his hooves with oil or give them a coat of black. I use black it or worlds best hoof oil.
Just go for a look at your nearest saddlery store and they should have everything you need
Take your time and have fun !!