I did what I thought I'd NEVER do... - Page 11
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

I did what I thought I'd NEVER do...

This is a discussion on I did what I thought I'd NEVER do... within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-25-2010, 12:12 PM
      #101
    Started
    I forgot I had this one from 6/19: http://i49.tinypic.com/i3e0ea.jpg
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
      #102
    Green Broke
    Originally Posted by Brianna6432
    Bugs are out at night more so than the day ( that being mosquitoes and such ). And, due to your post, readers are believed to think that your horse spends the day in her stall? I'm sorry but I just didn't like how you snapped at that person. That person probably meant that a horse's natural instinct is to use it's tail to shoo flies away, and that's just it.

    P.S. Your horse looks exactly like my horse, Carly. All black with blue eyes and a slight blaze. Except, my horse's tail is thinner than your horse.


    Bugs are out at night more so than the day ( that being mosquitoes and such ). And, due to your post, readers are believed to think that your horse spends the day in her stall? I'm sorry but I just didn't like how you snapped at that person. That person probably meant that a horse's natural instinct is to use it's tail to shoo flies away, and that's just it.


    Read more: I did what I thought I'd NEVER do...

    It was obvious to me that she was insinuating that I'm taking poor care of my horse.

    Not sure why you would think I was unsinuating that you are taking poor care of your horse from my post. Care and chopping a tail off are 2 different things. I was insinuating that horses use there tails to swish flies away as Brianna understood it to be. No matter how much fly spray, masks, sheets, time of day or night or fans bugs are still an issue probably more so in hot climates like Florida.




    Read more: I did what I thought I'd NEVER do...
         
        06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
      #103
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    Not sure why you would think I was unsinuating that you are taking poor care of your horse from my post. Care and chopping a tail off are 2 different things. I was insinuating that horses use there tails to swish flies away as Brianna understood it to be. No matter how much fly spray, masks, sheets, time of day or night or fans bugs are still an issue probably more so in hot climates like Florida.
    You expect me to believe you were just trying to educate me on the purpose of a horse's tail?

    If you were, you would have said something more neutral, like "Horses use their tails to swish flies." Not "I would rather have a thin tail to swish flies than no tail :("

    It's quite obvious that you're insinuating that my horse is unhappy with what I did to her tail. That has everything to do with poor care.



    I'm still failing understand why people who live in Iowa and Ohio are claiming to know more about the bugs at MY BARN than I do...

    Yes, there are still SOME flies that manage to find a place to land on her. Her fly sheet and fly mask make it impossible for them to land anywhere but her legs. She can stomp her legs - she doesn't need to swish them with her tail. Are you really concerned about a few flies on my horse's legs, or are you just trying to pick a fight? Perhaps you should focus on all the horses starving to death in BYB's yards and stop wasting your time complaining about my horse - who is very obviously (to everyone but yourself) well cared for.
         
        06-25-2010, 02:42 PM
      #104
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CloudsMystique    
    You expect me to believe you were just trying to educate me on the purpose of a horse's tail?

    If you were, you would have said something more neutral, like "Horses use their tails to swish flies." Not "I would rather have a thin tail to swish flies than no tail :("

    It's quite obvious that you're insinuating that my horse is unhappy with what I did to her tail. That has everything to do with poor care.



    I'm still failing understand why people who live in Iowa and Ohio are claiming to know more about the bugs at MY BARN than I do...

    Yes, there are still SOME flies that manage to find a place to land on her. Her fly sheet and fly mask make it impossible for them to land anywhere but her legs. She can stomp her legs - she doesn't need to swish them with her tail. Are you really concerned about a few flies on my horse's legs, or are you just trying to pick a fight? Perhaps you should focus on all the horses starving to death in BYB's yards and stop wasting your time complaining about my horse - who is very obviously (to everyone but yourself) well cared for.
    You seem like the one who is trying to pick a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with you.
    In Ohio and Iowa we have less bugs than Florida because the cold winter kills them off but what do we know?

    Your post should read " I did what I never thought I would do but do not respond unless you think I and my horse are the greatest ever"
         
        06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
      #105
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    You seem like the one who is trying to pick a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with you.
    In Ohio and Iowa we have less bugs than Florida because the cold winter kills them off but what do we know?

    Your post should read " I did what I never thought I would do but do not respond unless you think I and my horse are the greatest ever"
    I've been through this already. There's a way to disagree without being rude, and it's not that difficult. You shouldn't have to explicitly state in your thread title that you don't want rude responses.

    I did what I thought I'd NEVER do...

    I'm not "picking" a fight with anyone. I'm defending my actions against people who are criticizing them in a rude manner. They (and you) were not provoked, and therefore they (and you) were the one(s) starting the fight. Not me.

    As I said before, I dislike pulled manes but that doesn't mean I go to the many threads that have been started about pulling manes and make rude comments about how the poor horses have no protection from flies, etc.

    This begs the question - If you don't care about my B&A pictures, WHY did you reply to this thread? Why are you wasting my time and yours and littering my thread with nonsensical arguments?
         
        06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
      #106
    Yearling
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha guys she cut her horses TAIL not a vital body part off jesus!! Some people deffinitely have some extra time on thre hands! The op also stated that she is substituing loss of her tail with rugs and sprays etc.

    Stop trying to pick fights over something so petty its like giving out to someone who cut off there long hair as it was thin and straggely at the end.
         
        06-25-2010, 03:05 PM
      #107
    Yearling
    CM, I'd just drop it. It's only going to make bad feelings. They're in fault for posting it in the first place, and you are in fault for giving them a reaction!
         
        06-25-2010, 03:10 PM
      #108
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaggiStar    
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha guys she cut her horses TAIL not a vital body part off jesus!! Some people deffinitely have some extra time on thre hands! The op also stated that she is substituing loss of her tail with rugs and sprays etc.

    Stop trying to pick fights over something so petty its like giving out to someone who cut off there long hair as it was thin and straggely at the end.
    Haha : ]


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vivache    
    CM, I'd just drop it. It's only going to make bad feelings. They're in fault for posting it in the first place, and you are in fault for giving them a reaction!
    That's probably a good idea.
         
        06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
      #109
    mls
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackieboy2    
    I always thought MTG smelt like BBQ sauce, but no one ever seems to agree with me lol. Maybe I have been eating nasty BBQ sauce...
    I think of liquid smoke . . .

    (used to make a great crock pot bean recipe - hmm)
         
        06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
      #110
    Foal
    I use baby oil on my mare's mane and tail dock, and also the hair to make it easier to de-tangle. I find that you don't necessarily have to wash it out, like MTG, and when it soaks into the hair it seems to make it less brittle. My mare's mane is down past her shoulder and I just trim the ends when they get to straggly, keep it in braids and only re-braid it if the braid looks like it's trying to mat.

    As for her tail, I had it all the way down to the ground and thick and gorgeous, and then one day I went out and found that her tail was all thin and ragged and I freaked. Looking more closely I found that someone had cut about a 6 inch wide chunk out of the underside of her tail, AT THE DOCK. It was less than an inch long. I was crushed and freaking out as to who the hell cut my horse's tail off for no good reason. Later, I come to find out that it was my sister-in-law with my mother's help and they took the hair and had a really neat bracelet made of my horse's hair, so that she's always with me. Sort of stopped me freaking out and the chunk that was cut out is past her hocks now, almost looks normal but when it started re-growing it was all bushy at the top and looked thin at the bottom lol.

    The point is, it's just hair. It'll grow back. No need to freak :)
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New here- Thought id say hello festusowner Meet the Community 1 01-29-2010 06:36 PM
    Just Thought I Would :) Trinity Horse Artwork 12 05-20-2009 01:56 PM
    Thought I might... JustDressageIt Horses for Sale 14 08-28-2008 05:39 AM
    Just thought... <3 <3 *ArabianPrincess* Horse Pictures 8 05-04-2007 11:21 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0