I did what I thought I'd NEVER do... - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

I did what I thought I'd NEVER do...

This is a discussion on I did what I thought I'd NEVER do... within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-12-2010, 09:22 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    I just looked at the pictures of what you thought was a thin tail. That tail was absolutely gorgeous.
    All I am going to say is PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN AND BACK AWAY.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-12-2010, 09:26 PM
      #12
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    All of my horses tails are thicker in the middle and get thinner at the end and I don't mess with them.
    And that's how they grow naturally. What does that have to do with my horse?

    What's natural for him: http://www.avalanchefriesians.com/small_5371.jpg
    Is not what's natural for him: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/...128470f3a3.jpg

    How can you say that one thing is natural for all horses?




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    I just looked at the pictures of what you thought was a thin tail. That tail was absolutely gorgeous.
    All I am going to say is PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN AND BACK AWAY.
    And that's your opinion...

    I dislike thin tails, and I would prefer a short thick one to a long thin one.

    I don't think her tail was thin compared to most other horses, but you can't deny that it was thin compared to what it used to be. That's the tail I want back.
         
        06-12-2010, 09:48 PM
      #13
    Green Broke
    It definitally looks different, but she is pretty enough that she pulls it off!
    And I kinda like your gelding with the mohawk and the short tail!
    I don't think I could do it to my horses, but your horses look like babies, and makes them look cute! Hehe
         
        06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paintluver    
    It definitally looks different, but she is pretty enough that she pulls it off!
    And I kinda like your gelding with the mohawk and the short tail!
    I don't think I could do it to my horses, but your horses look like babies, and makes them look cute! Hehe
    Haha, thanks
         
        06-12-2010, 09:52 PM
      #15
    Foal
    I honestly couldnt tell a difference between the old and new till she cut the tail off. Except that sometimes it was a little wavier then other times. I let mine grown and never do anythign to them. Always nice and thick and a bit whispy at the end. Natural breakage. I only trim the ends of mine off to mid-cannon beggining of winter, to keep mud balls down. By the end of spring its back down to their ankles.
         
        06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
      #16
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reyvin    
    i honestly couldnt tell a difference between the old and new till she cut the tail off.
    Seriously? Look a little closer... there's a huge difference in thickness.
         
        06-12-2010, 09:59 PM
      #17
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CloudsMystique    
    And that's how they grow naturally. What does that have to do with my horse?

    What's natural for him: http://www.avalanchefriesians.com/small_5371.jpg
    Is not what's natural for him: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/...128470f3a3.jpg

    How can you say that one thing is natural for all horses?






    And that's your opinion...

    I dislike thin tails, and I would prefer a short thick one to a long thin one.

    I don't think her tail was thin compared to most other horses, but you can't deny that it was thin compared to what it used to be. That's the tail I want back.
    Not sure why you even posted this thread and why you would expect everyone to say "oh how beautiful, you did such a good thing"
    I doubt it will grow thick all the way down like you are wanting it to.

    Yes my opinion doesn't agree with yours and I wouldn't have done it. You could have cut it off and kept it thick without going so short.
         
        06-12-2010, 10:01 PM
      #18
    Green Broke
    The friesians tail is not natural. It is kept braided up and it is not running around a pasture with it's tail down.
         
        06-12-2010, 10:08 PM
      #19
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    Not sure why you even posted this thread and why you would expect everyone to say "oh how beautiful, you did such a good thing"
    I doubt it will grow thick all the way down like you are wanting it to.

    Yes my opinion doesn't agree with yours and I wouldn't have done it. You could have cut it off and kept it thick without going so short.
    I didn't expect anything, and I gave you no reason to assume that. I told you exactly why I posted this thread, and that is to give updates on the progress with MTG. There are several threads in this forum asking if MTG works and if anybody has B&A pictures. Now they will.

    I cut it where I did because that's as thick as I want it to be. If I cut it longer it wouldn't have been as thick.

    If I stop messing with it, it will grow back the way it grew when her tail first grew at all... when she was a baby. Her tail actually has the ability to grow that way. I don't expect my gelding's tail to grow back thick... because he didn't have a thick tail to begin with. She did.




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    the friesians tail is not natural. It is kept braided up and it is not running around a pasture with it's tail down.
    You've completely missed my point. You can take a Friesian and let it run around a pasture with its tail down, and you can take an Appy and keep it in a stall with its tail braided. There is no way that Appy's tail will be longer or thicker than that Friesians. It's called genetics.
         
        06-13-2010, 01:16 PM
      #20
    Green Broke
    I swear, Mystique is so gorgeous. I think she looks precious with her little tail.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New here- Thought id say hello festusowner Meet the Community 1 01-29-2010 07:36 PM
    Just Thought I Would :) Trinity Horse Artwork 12 05-20-2009 02:56 PM
    Thought I might... JustDressageIt Horses for Sale 14 08-28-2008 06:39 AM
    Just thought... <3 <3 *ArabianPrincess* Horse Pictures 8 05-05-2007 12:21 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0