Originally Posted by blackdieselpony
- first it looks great!
- second as a cosmetologist as well I would just like to say it most likely wont hurt your horse if you don't get a reaction 24hrs after. You can always do a patch test somewhere like the belly to test for sensitivity and wait 24hrs and check for hives, swelling or redness.
-third the only foreseeable problem other than it being illegal in some show circuits is the possibility of it sun bleaching out worse then the original color
I would've done a patch test but I didn't want to get it even that close to his skin. I used trash bags to ensure that it didn't touch his body and I started about an 1/2"- 1" from the scalp. In the areas where the dye got a little closer to his scalp (his forelock and tail), I used vaseline.
I will update everyone on how long the color lasts and if the sun bleaching becomes worse than before.
Xlionesss- Thanks! I will definitely give that a try.