Keeping a Paint/Pinto Clean? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

Keeping a Paint/Pinto Clean?

This is a discussion on Keeping a Paint/Pinto Clean? within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree8Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
      #11
    Ale
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saddlebag    
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. White and clean don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to horses.
    Very very true. I've been riding Diablo for a few months now and normally we bathe him after every ride on weekends. Takes 3x longer then the other two and he ends up mud covered and poop splattered within moments of returning him to pasture lol. And now getting Dixie *rubs forehead* She is twice as white as Diablo is lol.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-02-2013, 06:40 PM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Where are the pictures.. :)???
         
        10-02-2013, 06:48 PM
      #13
    Ale
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barrelbeginner    
    Where are the pictures.. :)???
    Pictures of Dixie
    Right here on this thread link above.
    More will be added, don't worry ;D
         
        10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
      #14
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaydee    
    Now the poop stains are another thing altogether, I like the Green Cowboy Magic stain remover about the best
    or you could just go to WalMart and get the green rubbing alcohol, and save your money because its about a buck, instead of 10$
         
        10-02-2013, 07:25 PM
      #15
    Ale
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 6gun Kid    
    or you could just go to WalMart and get the green rubbing alcohol, and save your money because its about a buck, instead of 10$
    Ohh thanks for that tip!
         
        10-08-2013, 02:18 PM
      #16
    Foal
    I also have a paint horse that loves to get dirty. Try asking a friend to help you groom: suggest that brushing is therapeutic, fun, and beneficial to convince them ;)
         
        10-08-2013, 02:30 PM
      #17
    Started
    My pinto is 90% white and I'm not sure how she does it but she keeps fairly clean. I've seen her roll right after I bath her but she's not a mudball, although we have alot of weeds mixed in with the grass in the pasture. Now her legs and the pond are a completely different story!
         
        10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
      #18
    Ale
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Horses for Lease    
    I also have a paint horse that loves to get dirty. Try asking a friend to help you groom: suggest that brushing is therapeutic, fun, and beneficial to convince them ;)
    Normally when I go riding, I bring a friend and my sister. So I am sure if three people get out there, we can really make her sparkle lol.
    Horses for Lease likes this.
         
        10-08-2013, 06:00 PM
      #19
    Ale
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kctop72    
    My pinto is 90% white and I'm not sure how she does it but she keeps fairly clean. I've seen her roll right after I bath her but she's not a mudball, although we have alot of weeds mixed in with the grass in the pasture. Now her legs and the pond are a completely different story!
    Lucky!! When I went to see her on Sunday she looked pretty good. Minus a few grass stains here or there :P
    Horses for Lease likes this.
         
        10-10-2013, 09:25 PM
      #20
    Yearling
    When I saw my sons horse I thought of this thread! I guess Arrow (his horse) did not get the memo about staying clean, he is more into multicolors...lol. He is at my Uncles for training and he has these purple berries, if you're from the south it's polk (or poke) salad plants.

    Posted via Mobile Device
    Horses for Lease likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Keeping a Horse Clean animallove Horse Grooming 13 02-15-2013 02:47 PM
    Keeping bits clean. Kano32 Horse Tack and Equipment 11 01-29-2012 04:49 AM
    Keeping Clean Southern Belle Horse Grooming 4 12-11-2011 09:43 PM
    Keeping 'down there' clean RedTree Horse Health 43 06-04-2010 04:33 AM
    Keeping the outside of your trailer clean .Delete. Horse Trailers 7 10-01-2009 06:59 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0