My horse has static cling.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Grooming

My horse has static cling.

This is a discussion on My horse has static cling. within the Horse Grooming forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • My horse is staticky
  • Dryer sheet grooming horse

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-15-2011, 02:37 PM
  #1
Weanling
My horse has static cling.

I kind of want to get rid of the cling. Its causing dust to stick to him more than usual. Can I just... wipe him down with a dryer sheet or something? Do you think if I rub a balloon on him, it'll stick?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-15-2011, 02:56 PM
  #2
Green Broke
ROFL

Hot rag him.
Hot water, damp cloth, wipe. Don't soak, its too cold! Just wipe.

A balloon may stick, but don't think he'll be overly impressed xD
     
    12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
  #3
Weanling
You could just power a city, how do you feel about las vegas?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-15-2011, 04:34 PM
  #4
Trained
I would take a rag to him to get the dust off and then yes, use a dryer sheet!! Get the unscented ones as sometimes they can be allergic to the smelly ones.. I dryer sheet my poor horse when he gets all staticy and I'll leave one under his blanket if his blanket is all staticy too...
     
    12-15-2011, 06:12 PM
  #5
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander    
You could just power a city, how do you feel about las vegas?
Posted via Mobile Device
Trying to fit a horsepower joke in here, but I can't come up with one...
     
    12-15-2011, 06:12 PM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
ROFL

Hot rag him.
Hot water, damp cloth, wipe. Don't soak, its too cold! Just wipe.

A balloon may stick, but don't think he'll be overly impressed xD
That might help with my dust problem, too. Thank you. :)
     
    12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
  #7
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~    
I would take a rag to him to get the dust off and then yes, use a dryer sheet!! Get the unscented ones as sometimes they can be allergic to the smelly ones.. I dryer sheet my poor horse when he gets all staticy and I'll leave one under his blanket if his blanket is all staticy too...
Didn't think of the allergen problem. But glad to know somebody has some the dryer sheet idea before
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Static prevention? Koolio Horse Health 1 11-06-2011 07:22 PM
Static in horses Prinella Horse Grooming 2 09-26-2011 09:49 AM
Static Shock .A.j. Horse Grooming 2 01-18-2009 04:14 PM
Static Tail steph Horse Grooming 10 11-02-2008 12:35 PM
Static electricity!! crackrider Horse Grooming 5 08-02-2007 11:39 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0