Not sure where I should have posted this, so my apologies if it's in the wrong place!
I was lunging my mare this morning, hosed her off after, threw a fly sheet on & dosed her with fly spray. It got me thinking about what someone had said a few years ago where I used to work (I was a camp counsellor at a local stable).
"You never fly spray a wet horse"
She seemed pretty set on the fact that it would soak into the horses pores and cause skin irritation, hives, etc... can't remember exactly what else she had said.
I've never had any issues with fly spraying my horses while they're wet? I hose my mare off (if she's really sweaty and it's hot) and fly spray her after ever ride. I tried google but came up with nothing. The only downside I could see from it would be the spray evaporating with the water making it less effective? I just do it because she's like a deer fly magnet when she's wet.
Anyone else heard of this? Is it true?