If you're going to paint one foot black, paint them ALL black. You'll hardly EVER see anyone just paint 1-3 feet black and leave the white feet white. It gives a minor detail, and makes the horse look more uniform.
Agreed. It will make socks look brighter as well.
Not sure what you show in but here's what i do:
-Clip out white socks a few days before the show, as well as bridle path, any long hair around fetlocks, the hair that sticks out of ears etc.
- Use powder or chalk on socks
- hoof black
- Remove whiskers (some do, some are really against it)
- Apply baby oil on muzzle, around eyes, from the knee down on any dark legs, and whatevers left on the cloth over the ears.
- On horses that dont have much of a tail, i use a falsey. I also put a..tail oil? I cant remember exactly what its called, but you brush it in and it makes it extra shiney.
- Sometimes a show sheen on coat.
- If the class requires it, plait.