02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
| || |
I'm assuming she's already shiny from a healthy coat and diet, and you just wanted advice to make her look extra shiny for shows.
I am proud to say when I show Dallas he is so shiny you can see your reflection in his coat. I've gotten lots of compliments on it, so maybe my tricks will work for your horse too.
- I bathe him thoroughly(my favorite shampoo is Vetrolin Bath or Shapley's Hi Shine.) I get him wet. Then suds him up with a sponge, then I go over him with a curry comb, and finally a small towel. Then I rinse super well.
- Then while he's drying I spray Vetrolin Shine on him.
- Once he's dry, I put more Vertrolin shine on him(avoid saddle area, it makes it slippery).
- I run a brush or damp rag over him to get any settling dust off, and apply more Shine as needed.
- I also use a conditioner in his tail while bathing, and then Shine in after. I only rinse the mane, not suds it, otherwise it's too slippery to braid.
- Finally for his hooves I use a clear polish. He has 3 black hooves, one pink/white one. But the black polish dries his hooves out a lot more than the clear, and the clear is less messy so I use just clear. Lol.