Turning a brown horse white? - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 683
• Horses: 3
Chalk works on horses we did it at camp. Just be sure to brush it all out afterwards. :)
kathryn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: northern arkansas
Posts: 3,100
• Horses: 1
IDEA!!! Make her a "fairy knight" unicorn, cover her in a satiny white(or pink or any girlie color) sheet or sleazy, give it a few renaissance details and then paint the rest of her white! All that you'd be showing would be a little of her butt cheeks, her legs, and her muzzle ears and eyes and you can take care of that with white spray on her legs and cheekies and maybe some colored paste stuff around her eves and baby powder on her muzzle. you can cut a small slit to slip her mane through, then braid it and use colored hairspray to make it whitish or greyish. Braid her tail too and spray it too and voila! white "fairy knight" unicorn. Just add sparkles to mask the white spray a little bit. You could even paint her mane and tail pink or burple if white wont cover it too much...

Ω Horses are a projection of peoples dreams Ω
Honeysuga is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Port Orchard Washington State
Posts: 1,870
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuga View Post
IDEA!!! Make her a "fairy knight" unicorn, cover her in a satiny white(or pink or any girlie color) sheet or sleazy, give it a few renaissance details and then paint the rest of her white! All that you'd be showing would be a little of her butt cheeks, her legs, and her muzzle ears and eyes and you can take care of that with white spray on her legs and cheekies and maybe some colored paste stuff around her eves and baby powder on her muzzle. you can cut a small slit to slip her mane through, then braid it and use colored hairspray to make it whitish or greyish. Braid her tail too and spray it too and voila! white "fairy knight" unicorn. Just add sparkles to mask the white spray a little bit. You could even paint her mane and tail pink or burple if white wont cover it too much...
Oh!!! I like that!!! I can get the fabric for a good price too and my mom could detail for me! She's great with fabric artsy stuff. Then I could just chalk her legs! That would make it much easier!!!

When life gives you lemons....chuck em at whoever is giving them to you!
I don't want lemons! I want cookies!
drafts4ever is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Port Orchard Washington State
Posts: 1,870
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt View Post
Too cute!!


... I do have to say though... I'll betcha $10 that the color won't matter when she gets to spend time with Caleigh... she'll go ga-ga!!
Last time she rode her was her birthday last year when she turned 3. She loved it. The first few seconds she screamed and Caleigh just stood there. We walked around the arena and she screamed and when Jewel asked what she wanted she said she wanted to go outside so we went into the pasture and I lead her around. She loved it but then she wanted mommy to ride so Jewel got on and Veah lead her around with my holding onto the halter "just in case". She had lots of fun. Apparently she just watched The Last Unicorn and is no obsessed with the horned creature and has been asking if Aunt Ellie has a Unicorn. lol. She's an adorable little girl.

When life gives you lemons....chuck em at whoever is giving them to you!
I don't want lemons! I want cookies!
drafts4ever is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 03-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida, GA line
Posts: 1,249
• Horses: 2
Spray paint?

jk...
lacyloo is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 03-17-2010, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Port Orchard Washington State
Posts: 1,870
• Horses: 3
show spray paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyloo View Post
Spray paint?

jk...
I was thinking maybe the show paint would work. I dunno.

When life gives you lemons....chuck em at whoever is giving them to you!
I don't want lemons! I want cookies!
drafts4ever is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 03-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,010
• Horses: 3
The show paint is expensive and there's not much of it in a can. I use LOTS of it. I go through $100 worth easily for a mild show season (showing about two weekends per month, and I only use it on Sir Butt's legs 8\)

I've got a lovely bunch of Neuticals,
There they are all standing in a row

Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
PaintsPwn is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States,baby!
Posts: 1,390
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drafts4ever View Post
Last time she rode her was her birthday last year when she turned 3. She loved it. The first few seconds she screamed and Caleigh just stood there. We walked around the arena and she screamed and when Jewel asked what she wanted she said she wanted to go outside so we went into the pasture and I lead her around. She loved it but then she wanted mommy to ride so Jewel got on and Veah lead her around with my holding onto the halter "just in case". She had lots of fun. Apparently she just watched The Last Unicorn and is no obsessed with the horned creature and has been asking if Aunt Ellie has a Unicorn. lol. She's an adorable little girl.
I watched "the Last Unicorn" when I was little,too!
Ok, heres an idea.
Chalk might look funny. So I say:
Stick with "the most magical unicorns can change colors" idea, and just spray her down with rainbows sparkles and paint her hooves gold and silver, then put the whire sheet over her and uncover her when you get there to suprise the kids, or......... IDK. maybe try to get another grey/white/dapple horse?
Anyway, post pics, and I wish you luck! :)
thunderhooves is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 03-18-2010, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Port Orchard Washington State
Posts: 1,870
• Horses: 3
ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintsPwn View Post
The show paint is expensive and there's not much of it in a can. I use LOTS of it. I go through $100 worth easily for a mild show season (showing about two weekends per month, and I only use it on Sir Butt's legs 8\)
ok nevermind the show paint. I might buy a can to touch up her feathers though, actually I might have one lying around somewhere...I think.

When life gives you lemons....chuck em at whoever is giving them to you!
I don't want lemons! I want cookies!
drafts4ever is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Port Orchard Washington State
Posts: 1,870
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderhooves View Post
I watched "the Last Unicorn" when I was little,too!
Ok, heres an idea.
Chalk might look funny. So I say:
Stick with "the most magical unicorns can change colors" idea, and just spray her down with rainbows sparkles and paint her hooves gold and silver, then put the whire sheet over her and uncover her when you get there to suprise the kids, or......... IDK. maybe try to get another grey/white/dapple horse?
Anyway, post pics, and I wish you luck! :)
I let the idea of using Arion the arab stallion play in my head but that went out fast. I've worked with him and even though he's in his mid 30's he has some fire in him. Not at all safe for a 4 year old and I don't think he'd tolerate a horn braided to his forehead. I was thinking of getting a bright sparkly white fabric sheet set and fitting it to her and then just getting massive bottles of glitter from the tack store and coat her head to toe.
So far Jewel is going with the Magic unicorns change color. Since Veah knows Caleigh already I'm hoping Jewel has come up with something for her being a Unicorn now and not last year. hmmm. I should remind her about that.

When life gives you lemons....chuck em at whoever is giving them to you!
I don't want lemons! I want cookies!
drafts4ever is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brown tack on a black horse.. Would you? ShannonSevenfold Horse Tack and Equipment 10 07-16-2011 08:00 PM
Turning a horse out.. JavaLover Horse Health 6 12-23-2009 10:10 PM
Black and white or brown.... mystikal222 Horse Riding Critique 43 05-28-2009 02:34 PM
turning brown bridles black jazzyrider Horse Tack and Equipment 3 06-19-2008 06:51 AM
Turning, Stopping, and Riding a stubborn barn sour horse zapchick4 Horse Training 15 02-09-2008 10:34 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome