I think the abscess was localized in the heel becuase there is a soft spot with a pus color to it right above where it blew out. Not sure if it goes deeper. I've been scrubbing as best I can with a medicated soap before I soak it.
So, as a somewhat worry wart horse owner, what am I to do? It is Sunday and he is walking sound. I wrapped it last night, but got overanxious that I had done it wrong or too tight or something, so when I went this am, I took the wrap off. He was on stall rest but if he is sound, he might go out tonight.
The barn owner is at a big A show today, so not readily available.
So, thoughts? Wrap it or not? I can't decide what to do!