I hobbled him over to the cross ties where I checked for the obvious, stones and stone bruises, NOTHING. Except that he could barely stand on his left leg for me to examine the right. I couldn't find any painful hoof spots, and no heat in his leg anywhere. So I put him back in his stall and waited for the vet.
After a bit of probing, walking him (he barely hobbles), etc etc she found the spot...Suspensory Ligament :( We are waiting for a second opinion from my usual vet (she is a new colleague in his office but primarily does only vaccination clinics, chiro and the such). I am simply crushed.
I"m basically searching to see what kind of luck people have in treating this injury? About how long does it take? Worse case scenario, best scenario, etc. What things have helped, what things NOT to do. The collegue today didn't really say much except to put him into his stall into Doc Pat talks to me so I'm a little freaked out. A lady at our stable told me that he will most likely never be sound again and at best would most likely be a light trail/play pet sort of horse even if he is rideable again. She told me I could pretty much kiss Dressage goodbye where it comes to Cinny.
I am so confused that I don't know where to start. I don't know what wraps to use, I don't know if he should at least be brought out int the sun and groomed or what? I guess I'm just a little distraught right now.