I am still trying to figure out why Thunder is swelling up in the sheath area and some in the surrounding belly. My newest theory is maybe he's allergic to the fir shavings? He's normally had cedar. The swelling goes down a bit if he is turned out for several days in a row, and with light to medium exercise. I dont' know maybe that's silly, I just really want to figure out whats wrong and the vet is no help at the moment. Here are my theories:
*Allergic to bedding
*Being stalled and not turned out each day (I try and get out there 3-4 times a week)
*Barn owner suggests that he's trying to push out toxins in his body since he was on a Dynamite probiotic (hasn't had it consistantly)......or because of the toxins in the bacteria from some small abscesses he's had months ago (that seems far fetched to me though).
I guess what I'm asking is what would you do if you were experiencing you're horse swelling up unexpectedly what would you do?
And if you have had your horse allergic to bedding before, what was their reaction?