For the second time in two weeks my horse has come up lame. She was fine for about a day then I rode her and she was lame the next day. She is fine walking but as soon as I start trotting she limps terribly. It gets a lot better by the next day but I'm still worried. I've been told by other boarders at my barn that it could be the saddle pinching her. But I've been told by a trainer that it is not a saddle problem. (she's german so there could possibly be some communication problems. Lol) Overall everybody has told me to take her to the vet again. The vet looked at her last time and thought it was just a contusion to the shoulder. I am taking her tomorrow to get x-rays. (which are really expensive)
My question...Should I take her to get x-rays? Or should I hold off? I don't want it to get worse if I don't take her. But what if he can't find anything and it ends up being the saddle?
Aly P.S. Sorry if this is a no brainer question.