Another unsolved issue with Syrah
Hello again Horse Forum,
I am back with more exciting issues with Syrah, the unsolvable case. I posted on here about a month or two ago about her hip and back issues. Well we now have a new problem to figure out and again the vets are no help.
Here is a recap of Syrah:
- between 6 and 8 years old
- warmblood/tb cross
- about 15.2hh
- had both front splints "pop" when she was younger
- was a pasture ornament from birth until about 6 months ago
- had some hip/back/stifle issues (SI joint inflamed and caused a lot of stress in other areas)
- is NOT broke, has only been sat on 3 times (3rd time she squatted and preceded to buck me off...she was sore and we didn't know)
- brave mare (hardly spooks, wants to know why that thing scared her, is rarely unsound...even when she was severely sore)
- loves to learn
Now here is what we have going on:
1.) weird rain rot like bumps---on back and "bad"(right) hip ONLY, has been around for a few months. I have used Micro-tek, Corona, Iodine based shampoo, Antibacterial soap, Furazone, Allergy/Sting relief shampoo, and a few other anti-fungal/anti-bacterial ointments, sprays, and shampoos. She has also been wormed twice, once with Ivermectin and once with Fenbendazole.
2.) freezing and shying away from small darker spots on the ground---such as ground hog holes, that have always been there, and tire ruts (doesn't care to step over trot pole) and is hesitant to walk into the barn when its bright outside (barn can be fully open and we do have rubber mats in the isle way about 5ft in)
3.) when lounging is tucking butt some and acting like I am right up on her with the end of the lounge line even when I am about 12-15ft away and only have about 2-3ft of rope left in my hand
I am curious to know if anyone knows of any disorders/diseases/bugs/illnesses that could relate those symptoms together, and if so any that would match those along with the neurological like symptoms she had previously.
Thanks again for all the help.
Last edited by dakotakw04; 02-25-2013 at 10:00 PM.