I represent Vetericyn and would like to provide you with some information that should clarify the confusion about Vetericyn's composition.
Vetericyn is state-of-the-art technology. The body takes water and salt to create this magnificent infection-fighting system. Vetericyn mimics these same compounds produced by the body. Diluted bleach is not a replication of these compounds.
- Antimicrobial efficacy: Vetericyn is 70 times more effective as an antimicrobial than bleach
- Toxicity: Unlike diluted bleach, Vetericyn is completely non-toxic, can be used around eyes and mouth without stinging, and accelerates healing while hydrogen peroxide inhibits healing and damages healthy tissue.
- pH: Bleach is an alkaline solution with a pH much higher (>11) than the 7.2 of Vetericyn. To get the kill effectiveness of Vetericyn, the pH of bleach and the concentration required makes it toxic, stings when applied and inhibits the healing process.
- Stability: Diluted bleach products have limited stability requiring generation at the point of use while bottled Microcyn Technology is stable over 18 months. Bleach is an alkaline product (pH > 11) simply because the elevated pH gives the product stability.
- Vetericyn has been clinically shown to induce wound healing while diluted bleach impedes wound healing. Vetericyn also possess highly useful anti-inflammatory, anti-histamine and vasodilation properties which are not found in “diluted bleach or salt water
Please refer to the document found through this link - http://www.vetericyn.com/downloads/m...fVetericyn.pdf
Maybe you can share the info with your vet?
Thanks for all the comments on Vetericyn, we appreciate all our customers' feedback.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call our toll free number at 866-318-3116 or visit us online at Vetericyn One-step wound and infection treatment based on Microcyn Technology that works naturally with your animal?s immune system
Please connect with us on Facebook - Vetericyn Wound Spray | Facebook