Five days ago I called the vet out in an emergency, my mare was having a hard time breathing and throat had swelled up. Also had fluid in her air way, you could hear it bubbling and gurgling when she tried to breath. She was given Dex shot and she slowly started to breath again, by the next morning she was breathing, but the swelling was still there. She is on Dex for another eight days as of today. Thought it was heaves or a allergic reaction. Heaves has been pretty much ruled out due to other symptoms that don't work. Allergic reaction is still up in the air.
But the swelling is still there, and you can see her jugular pulse really well. Vet doesn't think it is caused by a heart problem, she's acting normal, no swelling any where else, running and acting perfectly fine except getting a bit winded easily, probably because of the swelling around her air way. Vet told me to keep an eye out of stocking up as it could be a sign of heart problems.
I am waiting until tomorrow to see what we're going to do, she's going to do research and talk to other vets, and what it might be. I'm a little worried, I seem to be cursed with animals that when they get sick, it isn't the little rain storm, it's a hurricane.