Cribbing Help? - Page 6
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Cribbing Help?

This is a discussion on Cribbing Help? within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree39Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-20-2013, 03:03 PM
      #51
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman    
    You stated he had less turnout in the previous barn,,where he supposedly was miserable outside, no matter what. But that's not the point. Horses grow their full coat only when all out without blanket.
    Anyway, I think you want a quick fix, a band aid, because him cribbing " annoys the CRAP out of you", so, again, try the real sheepskin to cover the straps of the cribbing collar.
    Uhhh I am tired of explaining things.

    He was just started being blanketed last year, my stories about him shivering are from two years ago.

    I don't want a quick fix, he has been cribbing for three years, why would I just now be wanting a quick fix?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-20-2013, 03:06 PM
      #52
    Started
    If he has been cribbing that long, it is highly unlikely that he will ever stop. I know that's not what you want to hear, but at this point, it's a habit that he gets enjoyment from.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:07 PM
      #53
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aforred    
    If he has been cribbing that long, it is highly unlikely that he will ever stop. I know that's not what you want to hear, but at this point, it's a habit that he gets enjoyment from.
    Oh I know he wont stop! I just wanted to find something to put onto his stall so he will lessen his cribbing so he dosent ruin his stall!
         
        05-20-2013, 03:09 PM
      #54
    Weanling
    LET ME MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR......

    Sorry for "shouting" I just wanted everybody to see it if they are scrolling down..


    There is this perfect height that no matter how tight his collar is he can still crib, hence 1 of the reasons he no longer wears it, because his stall is at at the perfect height.

    Sorry I forgot to bring that up until now!



    I bought some BitterLicks and he wont touch it. So please drop the topic.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:23 PM
      #55
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigBenLoverforLife    
    Uhhh I am tired of explaining things.

    He was just started being blanketed last year, my stories about him shivering are from two years ago.

    I don't want a quick fix, he has been cribbing for three years, why would I just now be wanting a quick fix?
    It's a quick fix, because it doesn't solve the problem. Whereas letting him live like a horse will make him stop because he has no reason.
    If you "band-aid" now, sooner or later he will crib outside too. Then what?

    Maybe pasture board is not right for you, for him it would be, lol. But, there are other possibilities. He can't go looking. You do.
    stevenson likes this.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
      #56
    Green Broke
    If he does not crib when out, leave him out. He does not like being stalled.
    It is unnatural to stall them. They get very bad habits.
    If you insist on stalling him, good luck. Get him a jolly ball , or similar product to keep him occupied, but it may not work if he is truly unhappy about being stalled.
    deserthorsewoman likes this.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:31 PM
      #57
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman    
    It's a quick fix, because it doesn't solve the problem. Whereas letting him live like a horse will make him stop because he has no reason.
    If you "band-aid" now, sooner or later he will crib outside too. Then what?

    Maybe pasture board is not right for you, for him it would be, lol. But, there are other possibilities. He can't go looking. You do.

    You can never solve cribbing. I am looking for a way for him not to destroy the BO's stall. Its not right for him to be on pasture board, I would love for him to be outside, but its not for him.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:37 PM
      #58
    Yearling
    You have systematically ruled out every suggestion made to you as impossible for one reason or the other. At this point, it seems your only REAL concern is the stall being destroyed. So, my last suggestion would be, replace the stall boards as he destroys them since nothing else works.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
      #59
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sahara    
    You have systematically ruled out every suggestion made to you as impossible for one reason or the other. At this point, it seems your only REAL concern is the stall being destroyed. So, my last suggestion would be, replace the stall boards as he destroys them since nothing else works.
    I only ruled them out because I already thought/tried them. If you go back to my original post, I was asking of yucky tasting stuff to putt on his stall. That is all I wanted.
         
        05-20-2013, 03:46 PM
      #60
    Yearling
    You could try rubbing bars of soap or something like that, but this is a deeply ingrained vice that the horse will not give up, short of turning him out 24.7. Which you can't do. There is no magic pill or oil or collar. At this stage I guess you just have to deal with it.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Cribbing Kdobbert Horse Training 19 08-22-2012 02:21 PM
    Cribbing HooverH Horse Health 10 02-28-2010 10:03 AM
    Cribbing!!??? horseluver50 Horse Health 28 11-18-2009 10:25 PM
    Cribbing! chelssss(: Horse Training 18 06-01-2009 07:39 PM
    Cribbing! equifreak Horse Health 11 05-24-2007 07:55 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0