Different types of bandages and wraps?

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Different types of bandages and wraps?

This is a discussion on Different types of bandages and wraps? within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Different typs of rap bandages
  • Types of equine bandages

LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Different types of bandages and wraps?

There are different types of bandages and wraps right? Shipping, Stable, polo, vet wrap,Standing.....

When I go out and buy the actual wrap does it have to be specific for the job, or is it the way you wrap it?

And what do you put under a stable wrap? The white stuff...Whats it called, and what size is average.

Any other info and shopping websites would be helpful please.

Sponsored Links
    08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Please help me
    08-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm feeding my newborn, but give me a bit - I'll get back to you! Inthe mean time, go to the Greenhawk website, I see you are Canadian.
    08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Ive always put a quilted wrap or pillow wrap under a standing wrap. I think polo wraps are great for pretty much everything. Vet wraps are mostly for injuries I believe. I've always used them to wrap my horses tail.
    08-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Yes, what you get depends on what you want them for. I usually use a pillow wrap and standing wraps to wrap for hauling long distances. I use polo wraps and bell boots for working in. I plan on buying the PC SMB Elite with Ventech, but can't currently decide what color would look best on my mare, since I can't find the color that I really want, which is Yellow. I'm seriously thinking about the Tie-Dye with the SMB blanket to match.
    08-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Green Broke
We use quilted wraps with stall or standing bandages for after a training or race day and to ship in for our Standardbreds. Some of the girls also do this at the barn I ride at as shipping boots are more expensive, and I find they don't give actual support to the horse. Polo's can be used to school horses in, but I prefer an actual open front boot.

I would call the white part a wrap...and sizing is going to depend on how tall your horse is. My fronts are 12" I think and my hinds are 14".

Greenhawk has pretty good pricing!
    08-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone.

So if I buy some polo wraps i'll be able to use them for riding, and to make a stable bandage and shipping boots etc. with as long as I buy the pillow and other padding to go under it?
    08-27-2010, 11:39 PM
I would say so, but make sure you get your vet to show you how to wrap the horse's leg properly for each use. Polos wrapped wrong, for exercise purposes, can actually do more damage than good.
    08-28-2010, 12:11 AM
I found an article that will help you with how to wrap the legs. It will take practice, but you will be doing it quickly in no time.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elastic bandages shanoona Horse Tack and Equipment 1 07-02-2010 10:32 AM
Exercise Bandages speedy da fish Dressage 6 04-15-2010 11:45 AM
What to look for in bandages msun523 Horse Health 1 04-08-2009 11:09 PM
need help with bandages Mathew Horse Training 2 08-09-2007 10:32 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0