Walter might have a twisted gut. Colicy all morning, mom took him to the vet. The did a recal, tubed oil into him, gave banamine and a big bag of fluids. No gut sounds. Mom left him at vet. Waiting to hear. Surgery would be $5000-$8000. I am so upset. He's in SK, I'm in ON. I want to go home. I hope he's okay. He is my baby, my happy place. I don't know what to do.
I'm so very sorry. Twisted intestines are a horror that all of us who own horses live in fear of happening. If that's what it is, unfortunately surgery is your only option. Again, so very sorry. You have my deepest sympathy and support.
Mom called and said vet said he looks okay. Eating pooping and peeing. Relaxed and alert. Staying at the vets tonight but should be going home tomorrow. Might be a chronic colicer. He's got a sensitive gut. He's had very minor colic bouts before this. Sigh.
Mom will talk to vet about his diet tomorrow. Hopefully he's done for a while. I think the weather has been funky there. Almost freezing at night and warm in the day. He was a little colicy on Monday evening. Posted via Mobile Device
Oh poor dear Walter! I hope he will be OK. A number of years ago, my old gelding (now long gone) would colic in the fall. I took to watering down anything I fed him at that time of the year just to make sure he was keeping fluid levels up.