Originally Posted by qtrhrsecrazy
Dead beetles are still toxic.
Yes, even the beetle juice can be toxic!!! |
A good alfalfa baler runs it thru a shaker first to rid the beetles.
Absolute balarney. Does not exist! No such thing!
Better yet, buy alfalfa pellets. The beetles don't make it thru the dehydration process.
Beetles would make it through the dehydration process - they would be dead, but they would still be their. Utter foolishness to suppose that dehydrating hay infested with beetles suddlenly cleanes the hay of the beetle.
Some horses can ingest a beetle and be just fine, some can ingest half of one and die.... not worth the risk
the horse would have to be highly alergic to the beetle to just eat one and die, just like some people can die from one bee sting, but yet they still go outdoors.