Doesn't like to move to the left
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Doesn't like to move to the left

This is a discussion on Doesn't like to move to the left within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Horse doesn't like to go left
  • I not horse move to the left move to the right get really

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-11-2010, 01:06 AM
  #1
Foal
Question Doesn't like to move to the left

My mare doesn't like to go left. She flexes easy right, canters only on the right lead tracking right and even has issues with turning left at the walk. Does this sound like a chiropractor issue or what do you think? Any info or experiences advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-11-2010, 02:12 AM
  #2
Weanling
Definitely ask your vet to look at the horse.
Sounds like it could quite possibly be a medical issue. Though, it could very well be a training issue.

Ask your vet!
     
    11-11-2010, 02:17 AM
  #3
Yearling
Between this and the popping mentioned in the other thread it definitely sounds like your horse could use a visit fro
The chriopractor. It never hurts to get a horse checked out, but in this case it sounds like they're could be a hip out and maybe even shoulder issues. Makes for a very "off" horse who's probably not too happy?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-11-2010, 02:19 AM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodIndigo    
Definitely ask your vet to look at the horse.
Sounds like it could quite possibly be a medical issue. Though, it could very well be a training issue.

Ask your vet!
Another rider was able to get her to go left and stated she bulges over and taps her lightly on shoulder to keep her from doing it but still undecided if it's training issue or something more just wondering if anyone has personal experience with this and can share the outcome, etc.
     
    11-11-2010, 02:21 AM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke    
Between this and the popping mentioned in the other thread it definitely sounds like your horse could use a visit fro
The chriopractor. It never hurts to get a horse checked out, but in this case it sounds like they're could be a hip out and maybe even shoulder issues. Makes for a very "off" horse who's probably not too happy?
Posted via Mobile Device
thank you "Zeke" I will have chiro look at her I was thinking same thing. Do you know if hip out could be related to previous foalings she has had 3 before I got her or not really that's another related question that crossed my mind.
     
    11-11-2010, 02:22 AM
  #6
Yearling
I would still get it checked before you force the issue undersaddle and make anything worse or cause the horse to act out from pain. Better safe then sorry right?
Posted via Mobile Device

ETA: to answer your question, it could be due to the foalings or a time she pulled back, or she stepped funny in the round pen. Possibilties can be endless sometimes.
     
    11-11-2010, 02:26 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke    
I would still get it checked before you force the issue undersaddle and make anything worse or cause the horse to act out from pain. Better safe then sorry right?
Posted via Mobile Device

ETA: to answer your question, it could be due to the foalings or a time she pulled back, or she stepped funny in the round pen. Possibilties can be endless sometimes.
Thank you again I have emailed a fellow boarder to get her chiro's contact info and next visit expected. You have been super helpful and friendly thanks a bunch!
     
    11-11-2010, 02:32 AM
  #8
Yearling
Anytime! Your horse will love you for it :) all the one's I've seen with the Chiropractor get REALLY relaxed and of course love the massage and stretches!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Won't move armydogs Horse Training 1 10-05-2010 06:13 AM
Left & Right Brained vs. Left & Right Sided CharliGirl Horse Talk 2 07-31-2010 01:35 PM
To move or not to move? stephnpierre Horse Talk 5 08-23-2009 01:33 PM
should I move him? manhirwen Barn Maintenance 18 06-30-2009 11:53 AM
IS this the right move? englishcowgrl Horse Talk 8 06-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0