He looks like my daughter's two year old colt got to looking like. We were pouring alfalfa pellets and beet pulp into him, but he just kept getting thinner and thinner...and weaker and weaker. Turned out he couldn't tolerate alfalfa - it was toxic for him. We are feeding him beet pulp and oats, in addition to alfafa free hay. He slowly
gaining weight. Vet said it would take a while because his system had to recover from the alfalfa poisoning. It's been three months, and he's still skinny, but looks healthy again otherwise (no sunken eyes or listlessness). Going to have to find something to bulk up his feed, though. His bucket looks pathetic compared to the other horses, and he tells us about it!
(Note: alfalfa is a wonderful
feed for most horses, there are just a few that can't metabolize it properly and it can kill them.)