First Injectable Treatment for Laminitis Successful
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

First Injectable Treatment for Laminitis Successful

This is a discussion on First Injectable Treatment for Laminitis Successful within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Equine chronicle injectable laminitis treatment
  • First injectable treatment for laminitis

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-09-2013, 07:07 AM
  #1
Green Broke
First Injectable Treatment for Laminitis Successful

So what does everyone think of this new possible cure?

Equine Chronicle Ľ First Injectable Treatment for Laminitis Successful in Stopping the Disease in 80% of Horses in Clinical Trials, More Cases Needed
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-09-2013, 07:46 AM
  #2
Green Broke
Huh..if I had a horse that couldn't be ridden due to it I'd probably send him/her down to have it tested on.

I have a feeling that once they finish and release it to vet clinics/hospitals that it'll cost an arm and a leg.

But, the theory makes sense. Stop the inflammation, stop the tearing of the laminae between wall and coffin bone.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-09-2013, 07:54 AM
  #3
Green Broke
If they had the best interest of the horse in mind they would make it affordable at least. But drug companies don't usually aim for that. Although the vet needing to do it would probably be the most expensive part. I would say right now would be the best time to try it since they are actively looking for participants.

But a cure with no known side effects as of yet? Curious to see if that stays true.
     
    05-09-2013, 07:59 AM
  #4
Started
How interesting! It sounds like they are fairly close to market,really. One of the reasons laminitis is so fearful is that there is no real treatment, just band aids that sometimes help. Having this will relieve a BIT of stress from us, anyway.

Remember the days before colic surgery?

Thanks for posting that!

Nancy
     
    05-09-2013, 08:39 AM
  #5
Green Broke
Those of us with horses that have already foundered will be asking our vets "take" on this.

It sounds too good to be true but I hope not.

I agree it also sounds very expensive but I hope not.
     
    05-09-2013, 08:44 AM
  #6
Green Broke
My question is if this really does stop the inflammation of laminitis why did it only work on 80% and what happened to/with the other 20%? Were they to far gone, so to speak, for it to work? Did it just do nothing? They are claiming no ill side effects so I'm wondering what happened with that other 20% that it didn't work for and why not?
     
    05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
  #7
Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing
A huge amount of money is being pumped into laminitis research so hopefully this is going to be a positive
I can't see what the active ingredient is but the fact that its already FDA approved for humans is a good sign
If its as effective as it sounds then might work out cheaper in the long term and the costs usually come down anyway over time
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who here uses injectable cattle dewormer on horses ORALLY? Cherie Horse Health 20 03-12-2013 09:53 PM
I hope he was successful. dbarabians Horse Breeding 6 06-02-2012 08:49 AM
Successful HT! Hedgie Eventing 8 05-15-2012 08:52 PM
First Show: Successful? tlkng1 Dressage 3 03-19-2012 06:27 PM
=) Successful ride. SallyRC123 Horse Training 6 05-27-2010 09:38 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0