The splint bone would heal on its own. But her hock most likely would not heal with out being pinned. I discussed all the options with the surgeon. If I decided to do the surgery it would be months of stall rest and she is most likely going to get arthritis which is just going to put her in pain. Believe me I wish I could just put her in stall rest for 6 weeks and it woul be healed but unfortunately that's not the case.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, it sounds like your decision has been made for you already. Go with your head, not your heart.