Here is a picture of him when he's being ridden. His hooves needed a trim then, and now his legs look a bit better but still.
Click pic to enlarge.
And one where he's being led. They still look like that now when he walks on the paddock.
So.....what do you think? Here are my questions for you
1) Is he coon footed?
2) if so, to what degree? Mild? Severe?
3) What is the most amount and level of work he could do?
4) is there a way to support his legs other than boots?
Here's info about him:
- his rider weighs 35 kgs
- he is 16 years old
- he is a little bit overweight, but not really.
- he is a Standardbred
- he hadn't been properly ridden for 4 years before we did.
I read somewhere that coon footed horses are a smooth ride. Syd is. His trot is easy to sit in, but hard to rise in. His canter has short strides but is easy to stay on. My sis wanted to do pony club and farm hacking with him....but can he still do that? Thanks and cookies to you if you read it all.