Help horse can't bend front leg
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Help horse can't bend front leg

This is a discussion on Help horse can't bend front leg within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Horse can't bend front legs knees
  • Horse unable to move front leg

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #1
Yearling
Help horse can't bend front leg

I'm at the barn and I was starting to pick Shaggy's front feet out and I noticed he can't bend his left front leg! There's not swelling and his not visibly lame. I'm not sure what I should do.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
  #2
Trained
If he is not lame, how does he bend it when he moves? I am confused.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-23-2013, 07:32 PM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear    
If he is not lame, how does he bend it when he moves? I am confused.
Posted via Mobile Device
I mean he can bend it enough to move but he can't bend enough to to pick out his feet. He flipped out when I tired too.
     
    03-23-2013, 07:47 PM
  #4
Trained
If he can & trot normally then it sounds like he is being a booger & not wanting to pick it up. He does trot out normally for you, right?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
  #5
Yearling
Is there any heat anywhere, or his he tender to the touch anywhere from the shoulder down. Is he reluctant to move at all or his he just not picking it up when you ask him?
     
    03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
  #6
Super Moderator
He can't bend at the knee or at the "ankle"?
     
    03-23-2013, 07:53 PM
  #7
Yearling
Oh one more, is he willing to pick up the other hoof (meaning he'd have to put full weight of the "off" one)? Or does he try to not put weight on the "off" leg at all?
     
    03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
  #8
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear    
If he can & trot normally then it sounds like he is being a booger & not wanting to pick it up. He does trot out normally for you, right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Kinda. He walks just fine and did trot a little but when I tired to pick that leg up to pick it out he couldnt bend it at the knee.
     
    03-24-2013, 01:54 AM
  #9
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by busysmurf    
Is there any heat anywhere, or his he tender to the touch anywhere from the shoulder down. Is he reluctant to move at all or his he just not picking it up when you ask him?
As far as could tell there wasnt any heat and he was moving around ok enough to break away from me. It wasnt like he was doing to just be an idiot. It was like he couldnt bend it at the knee at all.
     
    03-24-2013, 01:55 AM
  #10
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by busysmurf    
Oh one more, is he willing to pick up the other hoof (meaning he'd have to put full weight of the "off" one)? Or does he try to not put weight on the "off" leg at all?
dang it I didnt think to see if would lift the other leg up and put weight on it. I'll definally see if he will let me tomorrow!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limping right front leg :/ happytrailstoyou Horse Health 8 12-16-2012 11:26 AM
severed extensor tendon in horse front leg GraySeasHighTide Horse Health 12 10-29-2012 09:44 AM
Lump on back of horse's front leg? Hoofprints in the Sand Horse Health 9 10-24-2012 03:16 PM
Horse lifts opposite leg when cleaning out his front hooves... Lindze Horse Grooming 13 06-18-2012 02:27 PM
Sudden Lameness in Horse - Favoring Front Leg FriesianCatRider Horse Health 8 10-19-2009 04:40 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0