* On a scale of 1(one being easy) to 10(ten being very difficult) How would you rate caring for your own horse?
Probably a 4. My horses eat grass in the Summer, which isn't any work. They are in a 24/7 turnout. And in the Winter we just give them round bale after round bale until the grass is growing really good (April or May) Every time I go over there I give them sweet feed. But I don'y weigh it out or anything. No labor intensive work, but sometimes they worry me.
* Which one do you enjoy more-Owning on your own property,boarding, or leasing?
Owning on my own property. No one to steal stuff from you! I would kind of like to see what a boarding stable is like, but I don't ride so it's kind of pointless...
* Could you not live without your horse?
NO! Especially not Havana :)
* Is your horse your BFF? lol
* Does the time of owning and caring for a horse pull you away from awesome opportunities?
No. My horses's pretty much take care of themselves. (Yes, I brush them) I'm just saying they never get out, get caught in a fence, hurt.
* Do you ever regret purchasing your horse?
Havana no. Shelly yes. Shelly has cronic laminites, and I get a lot of crap about it from people who don't even know me. I love her, but when you have animal control watching your every move, it sucks. I don't want to sell her because of her bad hooves, and she is old. She would probably meet a sad end.
* Are they worth everything you have given up?
* Does owning a horse pile on more stress? Or is it the thing that takes stress away and helps you get through the day?
Both. I have to worry about them being safe, and if I can get hay. (Really no reason to, I always do
) But at the end of the day it nice to see them fat and happy. :p