Horse swallowed somthing...
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Horse swallowed somthing...

This is a discussion on Horse swallowed somthing... within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Horse swallows hard plastic
  • Horse swallowed hard plastic

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
  #1
Foal
Horse swallowed somthing...

Hey guys, so today my yearling colt got out of his stall last night, and found that a piece of my plastic brush was missing (about 1"x1" radius), its hard plastic, and I think he may have swallowed it. I checked around the whole barn area and couldn't find it anywhere. Should I be worried? Is there anything I should give him to make it go through easier? Thanks in advance

~Peace!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
  #2
Weanling
That is worrisome! Since the deed is done you can call the vet now and have the horse oiled or you can wait and see if he starts to show distress and then have him oiled. Might be good to put a call into your vet and see what they say
     
    05-27-2009, 04:30 PM
  #3
Green Broke
It may pass through if he ate it or it might get hung up on something. Weefoal is right, call the vet and ask them what they think. Good luck!
     

Tags
brush, hard, horse, plastic, swallowed

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wana Here Somthing Crazy? BraideeMyBaby Horse Breeds 9 08-22-2008 06:36 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0