Originally Posted by DutchHorse
Originally Posted by meggymoo
Is your hay from a reputable seller?
Kitten val is along the right lines, it could have various toxins or weeds that effect the horse health. If you can it would be worthwhile trying to find out.
Also try some different hay, just to see if it is definatley the hay.
What did your vet say about it? Has he taken any bloodwork?
It is NOT Kitten val! And by the way: the horses that I mention are for grouplessons on a... manege, or how do you call that? Where you can take ridinglessons? Symptoms are: trying to throw up, stuck in throat.... and a few weeks ago there was a horse that even threw up blood (sorry but it's the truth!) It was nasty :( ! I'm not sure about bloodwork. But for he moment, all the horses who were sick are now on the better hand! (thank goodness!)
Sorry I think you misunderstood me, I was meaning Kitten Val had the right idea about getting the hay checked. :)
In all honesty it sounds to me that these horses have digested some kind of toxin/poison.
Did your vet not give you any kind of diagnosis?