A friends foal had this quite a few years ago. I don't know if treatment is still the same nowadays,but back then, he had to go on a very long course of antibiotics, and then the effected joints were catheterised and flushed, and then some sort of antibiotic was administered into the joint. Can't remember the names of the antibiotics, but your vet will surely know.
What has your vet said?
The treatment on my friends foal, worked better than hoped, he's not 100%, but he's not as bad as they can be.
I hope your foal is ok.
Sounds like things are still done the same way, she has had her joint flushed two times now the infection spread to her bones so she has had a lot off x ray.she is doing ok at the moment .she is haveing a x ray today if every thing is ok she can come home tomorrow.
Thanks, I hope to do showjumping with her one day ,as her sire and dam are really good showjumpers so will just have to wait and see as I have been told she could go lame as she gets bigger, I don't care if I can't as I love her any way and would never sell her.photo is of her dad.