I posted a few weeks ago about my newly acquired 30 year old horse that is in huge need of some tlc and time. Every thing has been going well, he is on senior feed and a beet pulp/alfalfa mix. Full blown hay and red cell to boost his iron. But, my mare kicked the mess out of him last night. Last night he could barely get to the stall. I wanted to separate the two. Today, I redid his shavings and have kept in there for the day. The vet wants an emergency farm call of 300 just to come, and I honestly can't afford that. I will have to wait for Monday. The vet told me to rinse to get the swelling in his shoulder down, and to alternate ice and cold packs. Also, to give him asprin until he can come and take a look as a temporary pain reduction. What would you all suggest? Attached to the stall is a fairly decent sized area that is fenced off from the pasture with the others, should I let him out there in-case he wants to move? The right shoulder is swollen and due his underweight state, I am worried about this injury.