04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
| || |
I would never use DMSO, even if my vet advised it. OK, if somehow it would savea my animal from a fate of death or worse, maybe, but I would definitely look at all other options. From what I understand it's a poison. Chemical. Bad. It's often used as an industrial solvent. When used as a liniment it is absorbed into the tissue... scarey stuff to my mind.
My ex-racer came to me with bowed tendons and I was told to use DMSO. I didn't. I read up on it some back then and what I read scared me. My horse is fine now. Actually so good the vet didn't recognize her.