Out of curiosity, out of that entire list what would people get first? What's the most important or what has the most multifunction? The place I am currently at has always had a cupboard full of first aid stuff but the new place i'm moving to doesn't. My horse rarely hurts himself but every now and then things happen cause horses will be horses lol so i'd like to start putting one of these together for the new place. So far i've either got or intend to get:
- Betadine Scrub *
- Blue Lotion *
- Vet wraps
- Non-stick gauze pads *
- A towel designated to only cleaning wounds or eyes (gets cleaned in between uses with warm water and soft dish soap and put into a zip lock bag to protect from dirt and dust)
- duct tape
- mineral oil *
- thermometer *
- Hoof pick with the brush on the reverse side to remove dirt/mud
- Epsom salts
- Lime Sulfer (a vet gave it to me for a fungus he had but the fungus cleared up on it's own so it never got used)
- I've got some all round cleaner a vet gave me as well when he had rain rot but it cleared up before I could use that soooo... it's just the kind of stuff they use to clean cuts and stuff.
- Plastic brushes designated for cleaning around ouchies
- Rubbing alcohol *
- plastic gloves (disposables cause i've got a box of them)
- A tube of Triple Antibiotic (Neosporin)
- a syringe designated for Zev
- Zev *
- A litre of bottled water
* are things i'm going to be buying in this coming week cause I have run out of it or having been meaning to get it.
So anything else that's very useful that I should get? I don't use SWAT because I feed my horse garlic and break cloves up in my hand then rub the "juice" around the outside (never near the inside) of his ears in summer and on his cheeks and it keeps the bugs away. I deal with bot eggs using a Slick n' Easy and a pocket knife (for those very stubborn eggs)
So yeah if anyone else has any other suggestions of what would be important to add to my collected i'd be very grateful =)
Also to answer one of shaggy's questions a mortar and pestle is a small bowl looking thing made of a hard type of material like rock or marble or clay and a pestle is a small stick of the same material that looks kind of like a little club . You use it to grind up things, like pills, to make it easier for the horse to take.