Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South of No-where
Moldy Hay - compost or burn?
I found 2 bales of Moldy hay. It looks like they were packed still wet and have mold throughout and are hard to pull apart. I'm sure if we have 2 we will have more. This was the shipment that came in when I wasn' there the full time.
What is the best way to get rid of this? As far as I can tell I have 2 options - toss it on the compost pile or burn it. However, I'm concerned that the mold may somehow contaminante the compost pile. Anyone know if it would, or would it be fine?