03-11-2007, 04:31 PM
| || |
We have horse's at our yard who suffer quite regularly at this time of year. I'd recommend hosing all legs/infected area's and use a anti-bacterial wash in warm water gently scrub/rub the infected area and gently remove the scabs. Might sound a bit harsh, but they tend to stand for it and it does aid healing a lot quicker. Dry area's with a dry towel and when sufficiently dry, try applying a thick cream that will act like a water barrier. Nappy rash creams (sudocrem etc) are especially good, they tend to stick well to the skin and protect it, not letting any of the bacteria or mites through.
You should see an improvement within a day or two. Good luck, because it really is a nasty thing. :)