Called my regular vet (of 20 years) and it would figure that she is on vacation. Called second vet, already on an emergency foaling call. Called the 'country vet' that I've known since I was a kid and his new partner took the call. She was awesome. Threw on her shoes and coat while she was talking to me and was driving towards my house before we were off the phone. Made it in less than 20 minutes from 35 miles away, that was enough to make me like her already.
The quieter spot in her gut was the issue. She had a large impaction. Tubed twice, slight sedative to ease the tremors so she could relax enough to hopefully pass it, removed a lot via rectal exam. All started about 6:30 pm, vet out 7, then again at 1 am to tube her again. Was prepared to head to the university for surgery but finally around 4 she passed a large amount while we were walking (bet I walked 20 miles in the arena over night) I breathed a huge sigh of relief, syringed electrolytes, got her drinking a bit more and she passed one more decent amount of hard poo. Waited it out until she passed a much more normal bm that was soft and covered in oil. The sweats and tremors are her way of dealing with pain. Freaked me out. I hope I never see her do that again.
She's back to her normal gentle giant self now, still going to monitor closely as we couldn't come up with any feasible reason for it to have happened. There was a drastic weather change and have had the rare occurence with one that did that in the past but I dislike that answer because now I'm going to be paranoid every time the weather flips, living in a bi-polar weather state it's a bit disconcerting.
Moral of the story - keep in good standing with your vet, even better to keep in good standing with several because you never know when you'll need them to save one of your babies.
Slobbery loves from Missy Moo for reading!